Town of Winslow Code Enforcement

The primary goals of building and zoning codes are:

Providing a means to promote the public health, safety and general welfare of residents and to conserve the value of land and buildings.

When must you apply for a building permit? 

When you are planning any building or remodeling project, we encourage residents to call the office with any questions or concerns about the building permit process.  Winslow's Code Enforcement Officer and can be reached at (207) 872-2776 ext. 5207 or at Garrett Lower to help answer building, plumbing and electrical permit questions.  

What work requires a permit?

A simple phone call to our Office at (207) 872-2776 Ext. 5207 can determine if a permit is required.  Obtaining required permits before any projects are started is very important and will prevent any penalties and additional fees.

What does our Ordinance say about permits?

In part they say, "No building, structure or sign shall be erected, constructed, moved, added to or structurally altered, nor shall land be put to any use without a permit therefore issued by the Code Officer."

Some examples are:    
  • New Buildings
  • Additions
  • Renovations
  • Demolitions Sheds
  • Mobile Homes
  • Pools
  • Decks
  • Electrical or Plumbing
  • Signs
  • Change of use or Occupancy of buildings.